Use our guide below to help you through all the steps:
One month before the move
- Call us or send us an e-mail so that we can assist you with your moving needs. Our new website has incredible features to help you plan your move, including an online interactive inventory.
- Reserve the dates for your move with Confiança Moving as soon as you make a decision on when you are planning to move.
- Schedule a pre-move survey at your residence, at no cost, so that the volume to be transported can be assessed. Our representative will provide you valuable information regarding how to make your move easier and hassle-free.
- Check with your Home Owner's Association or Condo Management Association for any requirements such as reserving elevators or insurance certification.
- Make travel plans for everyone in your family, don't forget your pets.
- Start purchasing new items you would like to include in your move - we can arrange for your purchases to be delivered directly at Confiança Moving.
- Start cleaning out items you will not take, think of donating as well.
- Change your address:
- Post Office
- Financial Institutions/Credit Card Companies
- Transfer Utilities Accounts and/or schedule connection at your new home.
- Cancel services (if applicable), security, cleaning, lawn/pool maintenance, pest control
- School Records
- Locate the owner's manual for your major appliances and review the instructions for moving these items. It's time to clean the stove, defrost and empty the refrigerator.
- If any electronics, appliances or furniture are mounted or installed in your house, request the assistance of a professional to prepare these items for the move. Don't forget curtains and chandeliers.
- If some or all of your household goods are going to be stored at one of our facilities, labeling is the secret! You can mark the items that are to be stored or shipped ahead of time so that they are immediately loaded and transported to the correct destination.
- Do not ship hazardous materials, flammables, ammunition or explosives.
The week of the move
- Set aside all you will need for your trip to your new home:
- Children's toys
- Cash at hand for your trip
- If you need more storage space, Confiança Moving offers storage services at the Miami and New Jersey locations. Let us safeguard your household items until you are ready for them.
- Talk to your Moving Coordinator at Confiança Moving if you have any concerns or special requests. We understand that each move is different and that many decisions need to be made in a timely fashion. Sometimes it is easy to forget when so much is going on. Let us assist you with every step of the process. Our professionals are here to help!
The day of the move
- Make sure an adult is available to answer questions and sign paperwork when the movers arrive
- Tour your home before the movers leave to make sure they haven't forgotten anything
- Before the movers leaves, take one final look throughout the house to make certain nothing has been left behind.
Business MoveWe understand that relocating your offices or business is not the same as moving your household goods. It requires precise expertise to recognize the needs of each client and their employees. We can help you design a plan or project for an efficient and effortless move!
One month before the move
- It all starts with a phone call or an e-mail. We will guide through the process and inform you what you need to know before your move.
- Schedule a pre-move survey at your company, at no cost, so that the needs of your business can be evaluated.
- As soon as you know when you are planning to move, reserve the dates with Confiança Moving.
- Notify the owner, landlord or business management offices of these dates.
- Arrange for transfer of utility accounts.
- Transfer your address with the post office, financial institutions, vendors, subscriptions.
- Create a notice of relocation for your offices and send it to all of your customers.
Two weeks before the move
- Start drafting a plan with your employees.
- Review the floorplan of your new location and assign offices to your employees.
- Discuss with your employees their responsibilities regarding their personal space, computers, files, etc. Most of their belongings can be packed ahead of time and labeled according to the destination location.
- Consider the transition of your daily activities from your current location to the new location. How much time could be allocated for the move? What are your priorities, what needs to be moved first?
- Evaluate your inventory and office supplies to identify items that are no longer used.
The week of the scheduled date for your move
- If any electronics, appliances or furniture are mounted or installed at your offices, request the assistance of a professional to prepare these items for the move.
- Business technology requires a plan with your IT professionals - consider the connectivity resources and technology requirements at your new offices and how to protect your data.
- If you need more storage space, Confiança Moving offers storage services at the Miami and New Jersey locations. Let us safeguard your items/supplies until you are ready for them.
The day of the move
- Elect one or two employees to coordinate the move with the movers on the scheduled move date. All other employees' participation should be limited on the day of the move.
- If you encounter any problems, consult with your Moving Coordinator at Confiança Moving. We have the solutions you are looking for.